
It's not a sickness-its a hobby...really.
Argggg!!! Why do I have expensive tastes? It's not my fault! Christian Louboutin and Brian Atwood have won me over and I'm absolutely infatuated with them. It's probably a sin but ooooohhh the shoes are gorgeous!
But how much is "too much". What qualifies as spending too much? $100? $1000? Okay, maybe no one should buy shoes that cost as much as a monthly car payment but then again, they're works of art.
An investment.What if no one wanted to buy a Picasso? Because really, when you think about it, it's just paint on a canvas. It's not like you can wear a painting. It's totally justifiable! I love art. Always have, always will. I love the feeling you get when you're looking at a particular print or the original and it's just like this chill comes over me--particularly over Degas (i love the ballerinas) and a Renoir painting that makes me imagine. Sometimes I'm even more fascinated with the artists themselves than their work. For me, it's about the paintings. Sculptures and artifacts aren't something that interest me. I want to see brushstrokes, color, blends, and depth. Shoes are the same. I get the same thrill just seeing the shoes as I do wearing them. Insurmountable beauty and tangibility.
On the episode where Oprah addresses the issue of "hoarding" she said something along these lines (according to someone who doesn't want to be mentioned), "for whatever comes in the closet, something must go out."
Which is why I'm currently refraining from buying a pair of Rock & Republic Berlin skinny jeans...well, that and because I think I'm freaking my parents out and they think I'm crazy (a nicer word) for spending so much money on shoes/jeans.So now I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not self absorbed...it's not working.

No comments:
Post a Comment