In kindergarten, I was really bad at coloring in the lines. I broke all my big fat crayons and was never allowed to graduate to a box of thin crayons like the other students whose crayons that never broke.
It wasn't fair. I tried my hardest to never break a fat crayon but somehow at the end of the month, I'd have a collection of broken fat crayon bits and was always bestowed a new box of ugly fat crayons at the end of the month.
This effected my kindergarten skills. My fat crayons FORCED me to color outside the lines, making my drawings and colorings not as pretty and neat as the children with the thin crayons. My neatness grade on my report card stating that I needed improvement resulted in me suffering greatly, damaging my young fragile self esteem.
I blame the fat crayons for that year of my 5 year old turmoil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment